WE ARE LAWYERS. OUR SKILL IS APPLYING THE LAW TO YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES, TO GIVE YOU USEFUL ADVICE.
You may find our services useful if you wish to:
- acquire or dispose of a significant asset (for example, a business or home or farm);
- be advised about law relevant to an issue which affects you, and how that law applies to you;
- protect your interests and assets, such as by defending a claim made against you, or structuring your affairs to minimise legal risk; or
- resolve a dispute, by means such as negotiation, mediation, arbitration or litigation
- If you seek our advice we will identify the person or people within our firm who have the expertise to help you. If we do not have the necessary expertise then we will tell you and refer you to somebody who does.
We provide comprehensive legal services to our clients. In particular:
- Resource management and local government law
We provide advice and representation on all aspects of resource management and local government law to local authorities, businesses and private individuals. This includes policy statements and plans, resource consent applications, enforcement steps, official information and privacy issues, rating powers, public works and other related issues.
- Commercial and property law
We provide a one stop shop for our commercial and property clients. We regularly act with respect to the establishment, acquisition and disposal of commercial entities. We are experienced in all aspects of the acquisition, disposal, leasing, and development of commercial, industrial and rural property.
- Litigation and dispute resolution
We have a very active litigation practice. Our litigation lawyers regularly appear before the courts and tribunals of New Zealand. Our litigation practice includes civil, criminal, family and employment law. We often use other dispute resolution methods, such as negotiation, mediation and arbitration.
- Personal Legal Services
A very important part of our practice is the provision of personal legal services to private individuals. This includes estate and trust planning and administration, will preparation, and residential conveyancing.
You can read about our partners and legal staff in their individual profiles.
To find out more about our services, please use the form below: